Rico's Punk Rock Rebellion: Will She Lead a Hunter Uprising?

The Rico Files: We Got Computers Putin'. 



Welcome back to the Rico Files!

In this installment, our inquisitive guide through the planet of Ragol has found herself in an odder situation than fighting a flying snake demon with death beams. that thing was super scary. How could it be any odder than that?

It seems that the Mines are full of robots that shouldn't even be here unless the planet was inhabited by someone else. Maybe Pioneer 1 brought these things over? I haven't a clue because I never thought deeply into the plot of one of my favorite Dreamcast games.

I'm a simple man. I like to press buttons and watch cool things happen on the television screen. I played the Ranger class because they had big cool firearms. I always saw the robots in that part of the game and thought "oh wow, slow moving targets!"

Truthiness Intensifies.

It's now where we see Rico in her WCW Jericho state of being a conspiracy theory nut. She goes on about secret factories, Government lies, and the information that's out there being 100% under their control.


"We hunters are always used by the government. We're just tools to them."




Rad Waifu Rico
is spitting nothing but facts here. Eventually one of those stupid pillars is found, robbing us of getting a full on manifesto that would encourage everyone in the guild to go into business for themselves. 

I get why this didn't happen. I mean, the player is sent on this mission by her father...Who just happens to be the Governor of Pioneer 2. report back to this dude and have to tell him his daughter never grew out of her Punk-Rock, anti-authority phase.


I don't think the old guys ticker could take it, honestly.

The Sub-Plot Prottens.

I kinda wanted to see the evolution of her trying to start a union in the hunters guild, or something. I need one of these diary entries to be about bribing Rag Rappies to walk around in the forest while holding Pro Hunter propaganda.

So anyway, Gil Scott Rico has insane character growth. I don't know when this happened, but she can somehow read the glyphs on this third pillar...


I don't recall that being explained with her previous entries. She might have wondered if they could be read, and I guess her plot-armor powered secret decoder ring got activated or something.

Hey, Cool Robot!


The Mines boss is a computer, which seems a little too on the nose for 2023. It commands this big robot...you can destroy parts of it...yadda yadda yadda...It's fun to take this thing apart.

I just wanna know what version of Rosetta Stone this chick got a hold of to read that message. We've got one more area to go so let's leg it to the games most terrifying location that isn't Pioneer 2's soccer lobbies.



Buy plenty of Star Atomizers, and follow me to the... RUINS

Try this on for size:

These got the internet goin' nutz:

Confessions of a Game Jam Newbie: From Couch Cushions to Space Colonies

The 7 Best Reasons to ignore the News Cycle and Allow the Comforting wave of Ignorance to Take You

The Artistic Process: Breaking Down the 7 Stages of Creating