Pre Album Rhymes: 2000-02

So, I was flipping through this deck of Magic cards that I thought I threw away years ago. Kinda glad I kept it, because some of this stuff looks pretty cool! None of it is worth anything, but I'm fine with not holding questionably valuable cardboard when the main reason I got into this game was for the old artwork. 

Though I feel the game is neat, the amount of Magic I've actually played can be counted on one hand. I'm a simple man with simple needs. I like looking at art from people who's hands seem to be demons that like manipulating pencils. I'm amused by the things they draw. I have the power to take in media that I know I lack the dexterity and Patience in making myself. I still enjoy drawing, no doubt about it. The thing is, I'm never gonna try to make the art a Ron Spencer or  Mark Tedin did.

I kinda understand people having hoop dreams, but nah man...I can't be out here punching above my weight class with trying to be like Mike(or, I don't wanna bite my ear to spite my face). I feel like that's a mental trap people need to try and avoid. The notion of someone being the best will always be hearsay. I rather drain the occasional 3, and pop-off like Reggie Miller when I get the chance. It's better to celebrate victory when it comes, rather than to build a wall of expectation you'll never climb outside of your own mind.


I got a loop to decant here with a Royce slant.
the choice caste is beheaded, the stories last

longer than passed in NFL drafts, you amassed
every inch of the fast to break class

Really all on my Canibus mech shit. the records are
nev' pep, it's sclitz to wreck with glyphs

so any artist can melt shit but can you pilot pardons 
getting martyrs all into bed with the bitch?


that bled to enrich, while every other Mother Hubbard son
dumber mother fuckers trekking for Kix?

halt the fox! it thieve ya uni. that's why a Steve
is fiending for judge in the bust of Judy.

you moody? I'm a Gideon plot. whats bigger?
get a lump here pit up from the gate, WATCH!

take mox, I'mma proxy the prophecy opposite me.
to walk ya recall in the BOX!

Try this on for size:

These got the internet goin' nutz:

Confessions of a Game Jam Newbie: From Couch Cushions to Space Colonies

The 7 Best Reasons to ignore the News Cycle and Allow the Comforting wave of Ignorance to Take You

The Artistic Process: Breaking Down the 7 Stages of Creating